Monday, December 21, 2009

Sunday Stealing: Lola's Holiday Meme

1. What is your favorite holiday show/animated show? It is almost impossible to pick just one. I love so very many. N and I watched a number of them this past weekend since we have a ton on DVD. Hmm. . . Favorite? Really? Just one? Nope, can’t do it. I love A Charlie Brown Christmas, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and so very many others.

2. What holiday character do you think you're most like? Hermey in Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer. Ever the misfit.

3. What holiday character does your spouse think you're most like? I have no idea and don’t care.

4. Favorite Christmas/holiday song? Again, must I pick just one because I can’t. I can’t pick just one. I love so many. My favorite CDs are Dan Fogelberg’s Christmas CD, Vince Guaraldi’s A Charlie Brown Christmas, all the Now That’s What I Call Christmas! CDs, Mannheim Steamroller’s Christmas Extraordinaire, all the A Very Special Christmas CDs. They’re all great.

5. Most hated Christmas/holiday song? Hated?!? Why would one hate a Christmas song? Hmmph. . .

6. If you have an all holiday music radio station when do you start listening to it? Thanksgiving Day

7. If you have an all holiday music radio station do you love it or hate it? LOVE IT!!!!!!!

8. Have you ever wrapped yourself as a Christmas present? Nope.

9. Who is Rudolf The Red Nosed Reindeer's father? Well, first of all you’ve misspelled Rudolph which I find quite offensive. Secondly, I couldn’t remember which reindeer is Rudolph’s father which I find equally offensive, and had to look on Wikipedia to find out it was Donner. How could I be so careless as to not remember? Now I’ll have to watch the show again tonight to see what else I’ve missed.

10. Do you drive your neighborhood or one near you at night to look at other people's holiday decorations? Of course! Doesn’t everyone?

11. When you see a heavily decorated house do you think, 'oh that's lovely'? Or do you think, 'oh criminy, that looks like Christmas threw up all over their lawn'? It depends on whether it is heavily decorated in a tasteful way or a way that looks as though it is thrown together without forethought and planning.

12. Are you counting the days to Christmas with excited anticipation or dread? Yes! Of course with N around it is with excited anticipation.  However, every time I think about last year and how BJ and I spent much of the Christmas holidays together and how happy we were at that time I absolutely dread this year spending it without him.

13. When was the last time you had your photo taken with Santa? Did you sit on his lap? Wow, it’s been years. The last time I remember is when I was still in grade school.

14. Do you make a Christmas list for your spouse or significant other or do you rely on them to pick your gift(s) without a clue from you? I think it is tacky to make a list. I will offer suggestions if asked, but I won’t make a list.

15. When do you put up your tree? I start trying to muster the energy the day after Thanksgiving. As soon as I can muster the energy, often not until mid-December, the tree goes up.

16. Real or fake? Presuming we're talking Christmas trees here, I’ve had both. I like both. Most commonly these days though it’s fake.

17. When do you take your tree down? I start trying to muster the energy on Epiphany. As soon as I can muster the energy, often not until the end of January, the tree comes down.

18. Do you shop the day after Christmas sales? What do you shop for? Yes, Christmas cards, wrapping paper and accessories.

19. Is your work/office having a holiday party this year? Will you attend? Yes, they already had it, and yes, I attended even though I had to go solo.

20. Do you have your New Year's Eve Plans set yet? Not really. The most likely scenario though is that N and I will spend it with my parents and will ring in the new year sound asleep in our beds.

No comments: