Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Meme (sorry I couldn't think of a clever title)

Bunny tagged me about a bazillion days ago with a meme. I promised her I'd get right on it, and, ahem, after a bit of procrastination here it is:

1. What was I doing ten years ago?
Getting over losing my almost-daughter when the adoption fell through and had just been matched up with N's birth mother to try to adopt one more time. As much as it hurt to lose my little girl, I realize that if I had gotten to adopt that little girl I would never have had N and that is unthinkable to me.

2. What are five things on my list to do today?

1. Work
2. Pay Bills
3. Rest
4. Try to feel better
5. Try not to resent people who don't think my injury is that bad

3. Snacks I enjoy?
Lately it's been ice cream when craving sweets and tortilla chips with guacamole when craving salty snacks.

4. Things I Would Do If I Were A Billionaire?
Set up a trust to take care of N's education. Then take an around the world cruise. Quit my job and become heavily involved in politics to work to bring real democracy back to this great nation.

5. Three of my bad habits?

1. Procrastination
2. Eating the wrong foods
3. Adultery
Hmm, these are exactly the same as what Bunny said, but they are just as true for me as for her.

6. Five places I have lived?

1. Dallas, TX
2. Northern CA coast (could even watch the fishing boats leave and arrive from my living room window)
3. My parents' house
4. FAR (people familiar with the U of I will understand this one)
5. In my own little world in my head

7. Five jobs I’ve had?

1. Babysitter
2. Test tube washer
3. Food service worker
4. Professor's aide
5. Accountant

8. How did you name your blog?
I started it at a time when I was in the throes of the deepest depression I've ever had, and I started it at a time when I, the faithful wife of many years, was considering having an affair. This blog was a place to dump all those thoughts -- the really deep and dark thoughts I couldn't share in real life. Thus was born "Deepest Darkest Thoughts."

I’m supposed to tag 5-6 people now. Screw it. You wanna do this meme, then do it. You don't wanna, then don't. Yeah, I have an attitude problem these days. So sue me.

2 comments:

Bunny said...

Thanks for playing! I'm glad you and N found each other - it was a parenting match that was meant to be.

Trueself said...

Bunny - Aww, thanks. I think we're a pretty good match myself. . . most of the time. . . though we do have our moments. . .