Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Grab the Popcorn, Coke, and Milk Duds. . .

Because I desperately need some mindless fluff in my life I decided to do this week's Sunday Stealing meme.  It's all about movies.  Plenty of mindless fluff there, right?

1. Movie you love with a passion.  Gone With the Wind -- Rhett Butler is one of the most level-headed, street-wisest men I've ever seen.  I idolize him.  I also love Melly.  She is everything I want to be (except sickly; I don't want to be sickly).

2. Movie you vow to never watch.  Friday the Thirteenth, Part anything -- Never seen any of these.  Never will.  Hate horror movies.

3. Movie that literally left you speechless.  Silent Movie

4. Movie you always recommend.  Any movie with Katherine Hepburn in it, but particularly The Philadelphia Story.  If you haven't seen it, please do.  It is wonderful.

5. Actor/actress you always watch, no matter how crappy the movie.  George Clooney.  After all, you can just get lost in his looks, his voice, his charm.  Who cares what the movie is about?

6. Actor/actress you don’t get the appeal for.  Justin Timberlake.  SNL?  LOVE HIM!! Movies? Can barely stand him.  I just don't think it's the right genre for him.

7. Actor/actress, living or dead, you’d love to meet.  I think it'd be creepy to meet a dead person, even if they were an actor/actress so I'll pick someone living.  I would love to meet Tom Hanks.  He seems very genuine to me, and I think we could have an intelligent conversation.

8. Sexiest actor/actress you’ve seen. (Picture required!)  Goodness, I just don't know.  I've always drooled a bit over Josh Duhamel.  Sorry but I can't do the picture thing on the 'puter I'm using right at the moment.  Just Google him.  You'll find plenty.

9. Dream cast.  Me and my theater friends from high school.  Just waiting to get that call. . .

10. Favorite actor pairing.  Tracy and Hepburn.  Classic.

11. Favorite movie setting.  Hard to say.  The setting needs to fit the movie.

12. Favorite decade for movies.  Probably the 1930s or 1940s.  I love the old classics.

13. Chick flick or action movie?  Chick flick.  Well, I am a chick after all.

14. Hero, villain or anti-hero?  What is an anti-hero?  How is it different from a villain?  How can I answer this question without answers to my questions?  Tune in next time to see if I've figured it out.
15. Black and white or color?  Depends on the movie.

1 comment:

Val said...

Z & I have been catching up as best we can on summer flicks:

"Super 8": good retread of "ET"; suspend disbelief as needed

"Horrible Bosses": between Jason Bateman & Kevin Spacey, they can make almost anything watchable (great bit part by Jamie Foxx too)

"Terri": not quite as good of an angst-y teen movie as I had hoped, but John C Reilly made it worthwhile

"Rise of Planet of the Apes": I groaned aloud at the many cross-references to the (unsurpassed) original; there again if you don't know much about [real] apes (not to mention the way real animal control works!), it is entertaining...