1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? I hate my hair, my long scraggly graying hair.
2. How much cash do you have on you? About $40 bucks.
3. What’s a word that rhymes with DOOR? Bore. (Not sure the point of that question. Whatever.)
4. Favorite planet? Earth, because I live here (most of the time)
5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone? The mystery number from Milwaukee that I never answer in spite of them calling at least once per day.
6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone? The Illini fight song.
7. What shirt are you wearing? My lavender one with the little white dots
8. Do you label yourself? I don’t have a label maker
9. Name the brand of the shoes you’re currently wearing? Brand, really? You expect me to know a brand for shoes? They’re sandals for goodness sake. It’s not like they’re Converse Chuck Taylors or something.
10. Bright or Dark Room? What, that I like, that I’m in right now, what? I like a bright room, really bright with lots of natural light streaming through the windows. I’m currently sitting in a cubicle in the basement in a really brightly artificially lit room. Yuck, yuck, and yuck.
11. Did you do anything to celebrate John Lennon's 70th yesterday? He didn’t do anything to celebrate mine a few months ago so why should I?
12. What does your watch look like? A watch.
13. What were you doing at midnight last night? Sleeping. . . soundly
14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say? Can you make it on Sunday?
15. Where is your nearest 7-11? I have no idea and don’t really care
16. What’s a word that you say a lot? Whatever
17. Who told you he/she loved you last? N
18. Last furry thing you touched? My dog
19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days? None (don’t tell my Dr)
20. How many rolls of film do you need developed? None
21. Favorite age you have been so far? 40
22. Your worst enemy? Myself
23. What is your current desktop picture (extra points if you post it.)? N’s soccer team after winning a tournament in September
24. What was the last thing you said to someone? “She’s been kind of out of sorts lately.”
25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be? This one’s easy. I’d choose a million bucks because I pretty much know what I’d do with it, and I’m not too sure what I’d do with the ability to fly other than hurt myself. Here’s how the million (assuming it’s a million after taxes) would be split:
- $100,000 – divided among my church and a few local charities close to my heart
- $100,000 – straight into N’s education savings account
- $100,000 – payoff to W so I could be free of him at last
- $100,000 – replenish my rainy day fund
- $50,000 – house and landscape renovations
- $30,000 – new car
- $10,000 – legal fees and incidental expenses to get the divorce from W
- $5,000 – payoff to BJ for the travel expenses he picked up for me while we were together (which was something I always felt bad about and feel even worse about given that we didn’t stay together)
- $5,000 – vacation for N and me
- That would leave $500,000 which would be invested in an annuity that would provide me with a monthly payout for the remainder of my life