Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Onion Meme

Once upon a time many moons ago, I was tagged for a meme by my friend Fusion. It was so long ago perhaps he has even forgotten he tagged me, but elephants never forget (self-deprecating fat joke) so I've still got it on my To Do list. Today it comes off the To Do list and onto the blog.

I don't know what the official title of the meme was, but I like calling it The Onion Meme because it has layers. (A gold star for the first to identify the movie reference.)


LAYER 1: Tell us your...

* Name: Trueself
* Birthday (month, day): April 22
* Birthplace: hospital in ST1, a crappy small town in the heart of redneck country
* Current location: LNJ, a lovely small town in the heart of the Midwest
* Eye color: Depends on who you ask and what I’m wearing. I’m most commonly told Blue or Hazel and occasionally Green.
* Hair color: Brown with a bit of gray now that I can’t afford to get it colored anymore.
* Height: Five foot, seven inches.
* Righty or lefty: Lefty.
* Zodiac sign: Taurus.

LAYER 2: What's...

* Your heritage: I'm a combo of English and Scottish heritage.
* The shoes you wore today: My black comfy Dr. Scholl’s flats.
* Your weakness: Procrastination.
* Your fears: Not being a good enough mom to N.
* Your perfect pizza: Papa Del’s pan pizza with mushrooms, black olives, green olives and extra cheese.
* Goals you’d like to achieve: Health, both physical and mental.
* Your first waking thoughts: Shit, it’s another day.
* Your best physical feature: My nose. Really! It’s cute.
* Your most missed memory: Names of people from my past. I remember things that happened and who was there except their names escape me. Very frustrating. . .

LAYER 3: Do you...

* Smoke: Not for many years.
* Cuss: Yes. More than I probably should, but very rarely ever around N.
* Sing: Absolutely.
* Do you think you’ve been in love: Yes.
* Did you go to college: Yes to the Best University in the Big Ten.
* Liked high school: Most of the time.
* Want to get/stay married: Don’t want to stay married to W. Probably want to get married again.
* Believe in yourself: Sometimes, still working on it.
* Think you’re attractive: No freaking way.
* Think you’re a health freak: Not even close.
* Get along with your parent(s): Way more than I used to and not as much as I’d like to.
* Like thunderstorms: Hate them with a passion.
* Play an instrument: Five of them, not at the same time though, and currently only own two – piano and flute.

LAYER 4: In the past month have you…

* Drank alcohol: Yes.
* Smoked: Nope.
* Done a drug: Nope.
* Made out: Yep!
* Gone on a date: Yes.
* Gone to the mall: No.
* Eaten an entire box of Oreos: No.
* Eaten sushi: No.
* Been on stage: Depends on if being at the lectern at church counts as on stage. If so, yes. If not, no.
* Been dumped: No.
* Gone skating: No.
* Gone skinny dipping: No.
* Stolen Anything: No.

LAYER 5: Have you ever…

* Played a game that required removal of clothing: Yes, strip poker.
* Been trashed or extremely intoxicated: That would pretty well describe my college years.
* Been caught “doing something”: Yes.
* Been called a tease: Many times.
* Gotten beaten up: No.
* Shoplifted: No.

LAYER 6:

* Age you did get/hope to be married: Married the first time at 27 and was still too young. I hope I’ll be married again before I hit 55.
* Numbers and names of children (either you have or want): Have 1, N; kind of want 1 more, a girl, but that’s highly unlikely.
* Describe your dream mate: Someone who will do everything my way all the time. (Hey! A girl can dream can’t she?)
* How do you want to die: Go to bed, fall asleep and never wake up.
* What did you want to be when you grow up: At various times during my childhood: hairdresser, teacher, president of the U.S., beauty queen.
* What country would you most like to visit: England, and if I ever do I’m gonna look up Freebird and Seeker and invite them to tea with me.

LAYER 7: Now tell...

* Name a drug you’ve taken illegally: Smoked weed twice in my lifetime. That is all.
* Name a person you could trust with your life: BJ.
* Name a favorite CD that you own: Dan Fogelberg, Netherlands.
* Number of piercings: Ears, one hole each.
* Number of tattoos: None, yet. . .
* Number of times my name has appeared in the newspaper: Many times when I was a student what with performances and achievements and such, once when I wrote a letter to the editor
* Name a past experience that you regret: Letting fear drive me into quitting my first real post college job.

2 comments:

selkie said...

cool meme! I love learning facts about online buddies totally impressed with your musical ability - you sing and play five instruments - I'm in awe.

Desmond Jones said...

But did you inhale? ;)

And hey, I like elephants, too. They're smart, they're loyal to their families, and it's just really cool to be able to pick things up with your nose. . .