I am monopolizing BJ's laptop this weekend after spending the last couple of weeks in withdrawals after the death of my laptop. I can't tell you the number of times I've thought "I should blog about such and such" only to remember I have no means for doing so. Well, I shouldn't say no means, but very limited means. Due to a crackdown on internet usage at work I'm limited to just a small amount of time on the 'net which I mostly use to try to keep up on news and sports and blogs I like to read.
Of course, now that I'm actually here, keyboard at the ready, my mind is a blank. Okay, deep breath, relax, let the thoughts flow. Random updates as they flit through my mind.
- My birthday is coming up. I'm hoping my parents give the usual "universal gift certificate" (check). If so that's how I'll pay for the summer camp N wants to attend. If not, I may be back here begging for donations so N can attend summer camp.
- I'm enjoying being part of the liturgical team at church. I get lots of compliments from people about my speaking voice and how easy it is to understand me when I speak. I gotta admit it, I do have a few positive qualities, and it's nice to use them in a productive way.
- W is no closer to paying child support than he ever was. Apparently, he's made payback arrangements with the credit card companies at much less than the total owed. However, with the payments he's making to them plus his living expenses he just can't be bothered to support his son. It just isn't a priority for him, and he has no sympathy for me because I chose to divorce him. I just love how people can use their children to punish their ex. It's just lovely.
- I have had both the cold from hell and the period from hell this last month. Of course this had to happen when work got extra busy too so I took no time off to be sick. I just went to work and was as productive as I could force myself to be.
- I become extremely frustrated when people won't listen to me when I know what I'm talking about. I'm not sure if it is the way I present information that leads them to ignore me or what, but I sure as hell would change if I knew what to change if it would get people to listen to me.
That's it for now. I may try to sneak one more post in over the weekend sometime. When BJ and I aren't. . . otherwise occupied. . . you know.