Wednesday, April 08, 2009

In Memory of Maddie

The last time I blogged here about death it was because a close personal friend died. It was devastating to me. It hit me hard.

Today I am again blogging about death. This death is someone I don't know, someone whose mother I've run across on Twitter now and then, nothing more. Yet this death is devastating to me and hits me hard too. Not in the same way Curt's death did but in the way I hurt anytime I learn of a child's death. Too many children are dying. The one to whom I pay tribute here is but one of far too many children dying for far too many reasons.

There are beautiful posts on many blogs today in memory of Madeline Spohr. To name just a few I've read posts at:
Redneck Mommy
Her Bad Mother

and just now I found the best of the best at:
A Mom Two Boys

Go. Read. Take tissues with you. If you can, please donate to the March of Dimes in Maddie's memory.

No comments: