Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Game, Set, No Match

(I know, I know. Try not to fall over. Two posts in three days. It's almost enough to scare a person. Maybe I'm getting my groove back.)

Thought I would answer a question from the comments on the last post. Whatever happened with the woman, TS2, who moved into the house?

TS2 is a part of the family now. She moved in the fall and quickly fell into the routine of the household. It took me a bit to get used to having an extra person around, particularly a talkative person. Apparently, I’m used to being the talkative one in the household and felt the sting of competition at a certain level. Yes, I know how shallow that sounds, and it is shallow I suppose. However, it is always a little jarring when a new element is thrown into the mix within a household, and it just took some time for everyone to adjust to each other. I would say we’ve all adjusted fairly well. We all do a few things here and there that annoy one another, and we all try to cut each other a little slack. All in all it is working itself out pretty well.

As far as my attraction to TS2 it has waxed and waned since she moved in. At first, I was minorly (okay, not a word according to spellchecker but dang it, if Sarah Palin can make up her own words so can I) obsessed with her. You know how that first crush feeling is when you’re just all moony over someone? Yeah, that was me. I quickly got over that as her personality started to clash some with mine (see earlier paragraph), and I decided she was despicable and impossible to get along with. (Yes, I have a flair for drama and overreaction. What of it?) Then I came around to getting along with her just fine but now realize that although I am still much attracted to her she doesn’t feel the same way, at least as far as I can tell. Also, I’ve come to a point where I value her friendship too much to risk it by hitting on her at least in any but the most subtle ways.

If I ever get a signal from her that she is interested in me then I would pursue it, but as long as she sends no overt signals I’ll just keep everything at a friendship level. I fully recognize that having W in the picture (not to mention the house) is a complicating factor that makes the situation almost impossible to resolve in any standard socially acceptable sort of way so I can’t much blame TS2 if she doesn’t want to get in the middle of that. I’m not particularly fond of being in the middle of it myself.

2 comments:

Jaded Bunny said...

I might have missed it, but is this woman gay? Bi? Or straight?

Trueself said...

JB - TS2 is 100% gay. I'd have to go back and check to see if I mentioned this before. If not, big oversight on my part as that's a crucial piece of info to help make sense of things!