Anyway, back to business. Here’s this week’s Sunday Stealing offering, a kind of general ask all sorts of random questions meme. I’m not sure you’ll learn anything new here, but let’s give it a shot.
1. When is your birthday? Earth Day
2. Where were you born? In a small town hospital
3. Where do you live now? At home with N, the dog, and W
4. What is your heritage? Well, I’m a right fine mix of Scottish and English from what I’ve been told. I'm also a second generation Illini alum.
5. Tell us about a weakness. Procrastination
6. What's a goal that you'd like to achieve? World
7. What is the most overused internet phrase? “Go Google it.” said in answer to every question.
8. What was your first thought this morning? Oh shit, It’s Monday.
9. When do you usually go to bed? Lately around 9:30 p.m. (Why yes, as a matter of fact I am old. Thanks for noticing.)
10. Do you smoke? If not, did you ever? No, yes for about 10 years starting when I was 17.
11. Do you like your current relationship status? If I did would I have this blog?
12. Do you (or did you) get along with your parents? On a superficial level.
13. How often do you drink alcohol? Let’s see, in the last month exactly once – a glass of white wine with Thanksgiving dinner.
14. Have you ever tried drugs (that weren't prescribed)? Smoked pot twice. My only reaction to it both times was to be incredibly thirsty so it didn’t really appeal to me.
15. Have you ever gone skinny dipping? If yes, do tell. Of course! Hasn’t everyone at one time or another? After all, how do you have sex in a swimming pool if not for skinny dipping?
16. If given the choice, how would you like to die? Go to sleep and drift away peacefully.
17. What did you want to be when you grew up? At various times a hairdresser, a lawyer, president of the United States.
18. Have you ever been dumped? Many times.
19. What's on your pizza? Mushrooms, olives, onions, and bell peppers. If going fancy, add roasted red peppers and feta cheese.
20. Have you ever shoplifted? No, not once in my life. The closest I ever came was taking a book (Northanger Abby by Jane Austin) from the undergrad library without checking it out. I stuck it in my backpack and walked out with it. After I read it I returned it to its rightful place on the shelf in the library. I did it just to see if I could get away with it and felt very brave and daredevilish when I did, and justified it to myself as not being so awfully bad since I didn’t actually steal it so much as borrow it without permission. It made me feel so guilty though that I have never done anything similar again.
Well, there you go. Perhaps there were a few nuggets of new material in there.