Friday, July 13, 2012

Sunday Stealing: Late but not too late

I finally caught up, and then look what I went and did.  Yes, I became a slacker and almost didn't get this posted this week.  Fortunately, this is the last installment of the 200 question meme that went on and on forfreakingever.  Hopefully, this Sunday will bring something new and different, possibly even interesting.  We'll see...

181. What's the BEST rock band that you have seen live?

Joan Jett & the Black Hearts

182. Could you image being in a situation where you would run from the police?
I can imagine better than image…
No, I am terrified of the police so I would not run. I would be absolutely as compliant as possible. I have no desire to be shot or beaten, and although compliance doesn’t guarantee those things won’t happen I believe it would give me a better chance than running since I would be easy to catch with my bad left knee.

183. Have you ever been asked for an autograph?
Not that I can recall.

184. What would you change about your living room?
Get rid of the clutter and buy some drapes for the windows.

185. Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home?
Glass

186. Last hug?
A friend I had lunch with last week. How sad… People need hugs every single day.

187. Have you ever had to make up your mind?
No, I’ve pretty much let other people make up my mind for me. How sad…
Actually that isn’t true. Once I thought about it I realize I make up my mind all the time about certain things, and once it’s made up ain’t nobody gonna stop me.

188. What is on top of your refrigerator?
A plastic popcorn bucket and a roll of aluminum foil along with a bit of dust.

189. Did it work out for you in terms of kids? (Meaning how did it work out & are you happy. In other words, from “Have none, wanted none” to “8 kids & 3 grandkids)
Have one, wanted two, but one is okay.

190. Are you afraid of the dark?
Yes. I still sleep with night lights.

191. What if you had three wishes – what would you wish for?
Presuming I can’t wish for more wishes:
• Enough money to retire comfortably and attend seminary
• That W would adopt a reasonable attitude and develop better people skills
• That I could get to a reasonable weight and stay there without feeling deprived

192. Do you feel sad often?
Yes

193. Have you ever been in lust for an extended period of time?
Oh yes. Pretty much the entirety of my 40’s.

194. Do you shower daily?
Nope. Almost, but not quite. If I’m not leaving the house I just don’t see the point.

195. Have you ever prank called someone?
When I was in eighth grade, I spent the night with a friend, and she and I spent a good deal of time on the phone prank calling boys in our class.

196. If you have a garage, is it cluttered?
Too much so…

197. You are about to die. What do you do with your worldly possessions?
Nothing at all. Let the survivors deal with ‘em. Once I die I won’t care.

198. Tell us about the first time that you bought a car.
It’s kind of a long story and one I'm not particularly inclined to tell at the moment...

199. What is your favorite type of music?
That’s really hard because I like a lot of different types of music, and my favorite at any given moment kind of depends on my mood. I go through phases. Lately, I’ve been more into country and country/pop crossovers, but a while back I was on a real classical kick. This week W and I are going to a jazz concert so who knows? Jazz might be my next obsession.

200. What’s your family like?
Oh so very complicated… We like to act like we’re the All American family, but we’re really just a big ole mess of dysfunction.

No comments: