Monday, December 28, 2009

Sunday Stealing: The Final Week of 2009 Meme

1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before? Let W move back into the house after I thought I’d finally gotten him out for good.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? No, and no I don’t think I’ll make any this year although I still have a few days so maybe I’ll change my mind.

3. How will you be spending New Year's Eve? Sleeping.

4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes, I blogged about it here.

5. What countries did you visit? Just this one.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? The key to not letting my past interfere with my future.

7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Monday, August 24, 2009. It’s the day I sent the most ill-fated email of all times, the one that asked BJ if we could slow things down and that signaled the beginning of the end of our relationship.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Fighting back against the biggest wave of depression in my lifetime and winning, giving me hope that I can continue to fight back in the future when the depression comes again.

9. What was your biggest failure? Not finding the hardness of heart necessary to make W have to fend for himself rather than letting him back in my house.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Just a hugely broken heart.

11. What was the best thing you bought? Tickets to Holiday World for N and me. It was a great, and not terribly expensive, summer vacation.

12. Where did most of your money go? Mortgage, over half my net income went there.

13. What song will always remind you of 2009? Live Your Life by T.I.

14. What do you wish you'd done more of? Taking care of me.

15. What do you wish you'd done less of? Taking care of W.

16. What was your favorite TV program? It’s so hard to pick just one, but if I had to whittle TV viewing down to just one program I would pick All My Children. It’s an addiction.

17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No, hate is a waste of time and energy in my opinion.

18. What was the best book you read? One of Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events books. I don’t remember the title, but it’s the one that mostly takes place at Heimlich Hospital. N and I read it together as a bedtime story for him, and I loved it.

19. What was your greatest musical discovery? That N is pretty good on the trumpet.

20. What was your favorite film of this year? Avatar.

21. What did you do on your birthday? Try as I might, I absolutely can’t remember. Even looking back at my calendar it appears that nothing at all special occurred that day. I even went back and looked at my blog entries from that time, and they didn’t give me a clue.

22. What kept you sane? Who said I stayed sane? However, I will say that my friendships with Drama, Jeni and Val did a lot to help keep me as sane as possible.

23. Who did you miss? BJ, still do. . .

24. Who was the best new person you met? The new pastor at my church.

25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009: Trust no one and always look out for #1.

No comments: