Thursday, June 28, 2012

Sunday Stealing: Questions 41-80

41. Growing up, who was the easier mark: Mom or Dad?
Man that’s a tough question. Neither one was an easy mark, and they perfected the “what did the other parent say?” response to every request. Nothing was slipped by either one. Neither was willing to spend money on nonessentials. I think Mom was more likely to believe made up excuses so I guess I’ll go with Mom.

42. What is the stupidest pet that you ever saw?
A snake. I just don’t get having a snake as a pet. There is nothing cute and cuddly about a snake.

43. Tell us about a band whose every CD is a “must have”.
Dixie Chicks. Love them.

44. Were you surprised when Jim Parsons came out?
Who is Jim Parsons?

45. Have you ever shoplifted?
Nope

46. We currently have a person who plays both this meme and Saturday 9 who signs in to Mr. Linky every week. Yet, if you click on that link, you are told that only “members” can read the blog. Why do you think that person even bothers to sign in or for that matter, do the meme? (Don't misunderstand, we have no rules and we aren't angry. But it is damn peculiar, no?)
I can see doing the meme for oneself and one’s readers even if it is not on a public blog. I suppose the person signs in just to register that he/she is participating and assumes that people want to know how many, even if in private, are participating in the meme.

47. Have you ever driven a Ferrari?
Nope

48. What do you call those little plastic things on the ends of shoelaces?
I know they have a name that I can’t remember and don’t feel like looking up. I call them “those little plastic thingies.”

49. Have you ever walked more than a mile?
Of course! Hasn’t everyone?

50. Do you believe in magic?
I believe in sleight of hand

51. Have you ever been arrested?
Heavens no.

52. Have you ever skinny dipped?
Of course! Hasn’t everyone?

53. Explain what you think about hippies.
What do you mean? Hippies. They are people. Individuals. Free spirits. What’s to think about?

54. New York or California?
California. No question about it.

55. Have you ever been dumped?
More times than I care to count.

56. What are you wearing right now?
Illini polo shirt, blue capris, orange sandals. And no, I had no idea I’d be answering this question when I got dressed this morning.

57. John Edwards had a mistrial. How do you think he conducted himself after the verdict?
I don’t know. How did he conduct himself? I really have paid no attention to him.

58. Did you watch the series finale of House?
Nope. Never saw even one episode.

59. You may need to go back a long way if you are old like Harriet. Who was the last person who asked you out? (Or that asked you out. Same dumb question either way.)
I have no clue. Probably BJ.

60. Do you have any collections?
Dust bunnies. I collect them under my bed.

61. Ocean or pool?
Pool. Fewer unknown creatures in the pool, and it’s clearer so you can see whatever unknown creatures might be there.

62. Fridays or Ruby Tuesdays?
Ruby Tuesdays

63. Did you want to go to college?
Of course! I can’t imagine not going to college.

64. What did you last time at a mall?
Hmm… seems to me there is a missing word between “you” and “last.” Could be “buy” or could be “do” or even something else. Let’s go with “do” and then try to think when the last time is that I was at a mall…
Hmm… may have to come back to this one.
After much thinking, I do believe it was a couple of months ago when I took N because he wanted to do some shopping. He wanted to do his shopping alone so I sat in the food court sipping my diet soda until he finished. Yes, I am just that exciting…

65. Which close friend have you known the longest?
This question presumes that I have close friends…

66. Why do you like the music you do?
It is melodious and makes sense.

67. Do you read much?
Not as much as I’d like to.

68. Favorite country?
U.S.

69. What is something you wish you were better at?
Social interaction… and playing piano. Both of those I could improve with practice.

70. What’s your favorite album/CD?
Netherlands by Dan Fogelberg

71. What's a good dinner order?
Grilled shrimp, rice pilaf, grilled asparagus, Caesar salad, chardonnay

72. Planes or boats?
Planes.

73. One rumor that’s been spread about you:
That I was a stuck up bitch. The truth was that I was supremely socially awkward and shy, but somehow that was perceived by many as me looking down my nose at people.

74. Who is your newest friend?
A woman I met through the bi support group. She is awesome. She is totally out, a vocal advocate for the LGBT community, and is just great fun to hang around with.

75. Have you ever sat on a rooftop?
Yes, as a teen my bedroom window opened out onto the roof. I loved climbing out there and watching the stars.

76. Was your last text useful?
Yes, it was N answering a question I texted to him.

77. Favorite soda?
Depends on whether it’s regular or diet.
Regular – Strawberry Crush, it is sickly sweet, leaves a red rim around your mouth if you drink it without a straw, and is absolutely the ultimate soda in my opinion.
Diet – Diet Dr. Pepper, it tastes about as close to regular as you’ll find in a diet soda, and is just quite tasty.

78. Do you like yourself?
Mostly no although I do like certain aspects of me.

79. The worst weather: Hot or cold?
Cold, without a doubt cold. I love hot, summer weather and can hang in there with the best of them. Winter, on the other hand, totally sucks. I do not like being chilled and hate having to bundle up, not to mention the cold air bothers my lungs.

80. Do you play an instrument?
Only five – piano, flute, oboe, organ, and trombone, listed in the order I learned them. I am sad to say I have not learned any new instruments since high school, which is a bummer. I would like to learn more, like bassoon and saxophone and maybe guitar.

No comments: