- Friday was a day off for me. I took the day off just because N had the day off of school for one of those teacher
playwork days. With the cold hanging on (will it never end?) I didn’t do much that day. N went sledding. I sat at home drinking fruit juice with a little Jack Daniels (medicinal purposes you know) in it and watched soap operas. I was a slug. Oh I also did three loads of laundry ensuring that N and I willcan be fully clothed when we venture into public this week.
- Saturday N wanted guacamole and chips for lunch. It sounded so good that I agreed to go to the store to get the avocado to make it, and that’s all we had for lunch – guacamole and tortilla chips. Nutritious, eh?
- BJ came over Saturday afternoon and watched basketball with me. We watched Ohio State beat Indiana. I never thought I’d say these words, but I kind of feel sorry for Indiana with their winless conference season so far. (And in somewhat related news, No, Bob Knight should not be offered the job at Georgia. No, no, no.)
- Saturday night BJ, N and I went out for pizza for dinner. While we were there I got to watch the world’s worst billiards players (yes, Fusion, even worse than you and me) nearby since we were seated near the billiards area.
- Busted! N caught BJ and me on Sunday morning. I went upstairs to shower and dress. BJ and I were both in my bedroom (clothed thankfully), me sitting on the bed, BJ leaning over me kissing me when N walked in without knocking. N realized immediately his faux pas, backed out of the room, closed the door and knocked. None of us spoke of his gaff. Since he didn’t ask, I wasn’t about to bring it up. I don’t think he knows that I know he walked in on us.
- A blog buddy of mine is sending a gift. I won’t out him/her, but will take the time now to publicly thank this person for the gift. (Yes, I’m sure it’s risky giving my real name and address to invisible internet people. However, I trust this person entirely in spite of not having met in person. After all, they’ve made no claim to being from Nigeria and needing my help to get their millions out of the country. Maybe I’ll think differently when the gift arrives and contains a pipe bomb. Kidding! I’m just kidding. No, I don’t give out my name and address to just anyone so don’t ask, but I do pick and choose who among my longtime readers I trust.) Unfortunately, it didn’t arrive before this weekend as my buddy had hoped, but I’m sure it’ll be here in time for this weekend when it will again be useful as we have another Illini game to attend.
- BJ attended Sunday’s Illini game with N and me and one of N’s buddies. Unfortunately, BJ was cheering for the wrong team. Fortunately, the Illini won anyway. It is especially fortunate for BJ as I don’t think his arm could’ve taken much more punching than it did even with the Illini winning. Besides that I told him if the black and gold people won he owed me some really expensive fancy dinner afterwards. What’s that? What did I owe him if the Illini won? Heh. Right. Like I’d owe him anything just for the world being in proper alignment.
- N was invited at the last minute to a Super Bowl party leaving me at home, alone, to watch the festivities all by lonesome little self. Somehow being alone during the Super Bowl feels a bit like being alone on a major holiday. Makes you wonder if you’re really that unlovable. Plus the wrong team won. I watched the whole freaking game, and the wrong team won. Sheesh. At least I enjoyed the halftime show. I know I’m showing my age here, but I enjoyed The Boss way more than some of the other entertainers of recent Super Bowls.
Tuesday, February 03, 2009
Super Weekend? Eh. . .
Okay, dumping the contents of my brain with regards to last weekend, in no particular order other than as it comes to mind although I’m going to try to think about the weekend chronologically. Scattered minds, however, lend themselves more to a scattershot approach than actual order.