Monday, January 25, 2010

Sunday Stealing: The Negativity Meme

The theme of this meme fits my current mood quite well. I am, if nothing else, feeling quite negative today, sponsored in part by the letters P,M, and S. Do not cross me today. Grrr. . . . . . .

Foods which disgust the crap out of me: Organ meats of all varieties no matter how they are prepared.

TV show I loathe: This is a tough one for me because if I don’t care for a show I don’t watch it and never really come to a loathing of it. Oh wait, okay, now that I think about it I have one – Family Guy. I truly loathe that show. N begged to be allowed to watch it. I watched two episodes with him, determined it to be wholly inappropriate and stupid, and declared that he may not watch it until he is grown and no longer living in my house.

Movie I loathe: Another tough one. I’m trying to think of a movie I’ve seen that really disappointed me. I know there are some, but I’m drawing a blank right now. If I think of one I’ll come back and add it.

Music genres I loathe: Easy listening.

Magazine which annoys me: Woman’s Day. Now how could such a benign magazine as Woman’s Day annoy me? Well, I used to love their monthly calendar of menus. I used it as a jumping off place for making my own menus each week. Then they cancelled that feature. Then they brought it back. Then they cancelled it again. I’m not sure how many times this happened. I finally gave up on them. Even if they ever bring it back again I will never again buy that magazine.

Makes me cranky at restaurant: Parents who ignore their children’s bad behavior. When N was small if he misbehaved (generally a tantrum) in a restaurant I would take him out to the car. We would stay in the car until the tantrum stopped. Yes, it ruined some dinners for me, but at least it didn’t ruin the dinners of a restaurant full of people.

Makes me cranky in public: People who use bad language without regard for the fact that there are children within earshot.

Makes me cranky in general: Men who don’t take their hats off when eating a meal indoors. Picnics, fine leave the hat on, but when you are indoors the hat comes off, or I’ll knock it right off your head. (Okay, maybe I’ve never done that, but one of these days. . . )

Pisses me off at home: People who don’t take their dirty dishes to the kitchen, their trash to the wastebasket, and their dirty clothes to the laundry hamper.

Pisses me off at work: My boss.

Pisses me off in general: People who think they are all so liberal yet say things that are completely homophobic.

Makes me impatient at home: Waiting for the hot water to get hot. Who’s idea was it to put the water heater at the opposite end of the house from all the faucets?

Makes me impatient at work: Waiting for Crystal reports to run.

Makes me impatient in public: People who can’t figure out when it’s their turn to go at an intersection with a stop sign.

Celebrity I hate: Paris Hilton because the only reason she is a celebrity is because she’s a celebrity.

Music artist I hate: Toby Keith, the epitome of the ignorant redneck.

I could care less about: The fact that it should really be “I couldn’t care less about:”

Annoys the crap out of me weekdays: Getting up at 6:00 a.m.

Annoys the crap out of me weekends: People who call before 10:00 a.m.

Blogger's habit that annoys you: Not posting often enough. Dammit I want to read every detail of your life every day. Now post! (just kidding. . . kind of. . . )

Feature on your blog you hate: Why would I have it on my blog if I hate it? Hmm. . .

Movie star you despise: Again, I draw a complete blank here. Sorry.

Politician that you hate: George W. Bush is the first one that comes to mind although it’s really the whole clan. I’m sorry, but I just don’t “get” the whole Bush family probably because I just can’t wrap my mind around the idea that there really, truly are people who just really, truly only want good things for themselves and their close friends at the expense of others. Nope, sorry, don’t get it, can’t support it, and hope to never have another Bush in office anywhere.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

I could care less about: The fact that it should really be “I couldn’t care less about:”

Thank you, thank you, thank you....the misuse of that phrase annoys the heck out of me, TS!!!