Friday, August 17, 2012

Sunday Stealing: The Authentic Meme

1. How long have you been blogging?
Since 2006.  I started my other blog in January 2006, and this one came a few months later when midlife crisis shit really hit the fan.

2. Did you go to college?
Of course

3. Where have you traveled?
Most of the continental US;
Also several islands:  Hawaii, Puerto Rico, the Bahamas
The western coast of Mexico

4. Which celebrity do you get mistaken for?
Alas, I am never mistaken for a celebrity, a whale sometimes, but no celebrities.

5. What are your three biggest pet peeves?
1 – Bad grammar,
2 – Lack of punctuality,
3 – Strict adherence to rules that do not make sense

6. What is your favorite movie?
My answer always depends on when you ask. I have several favorites, but if I had to pick just one movie to watch today I’d pick It Happened One Night.

7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?
Not a huge fan of beer except when paired with certain foods. Wine is good, but again I think of it as a drink with certain meals not a go to drink. Liquor is the go to drink, particularly Jack & Coke.

8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?
Play the piano.

9. What is your biggest phobia?
Social interaction. I crave it and yet am terrified of it.

10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past?
How about the one when I was in seventh grade and had to play an oboe solo from memory at our school concert? I forgot the piece about halfway through and just about died of embarrassment. (I had told the band teacher that I didn’t think I could do it from memory and begged him to let me use the music. But no, he insisted I must do it from memory.)

11. What day would you love to relive again? Why?
One of the many days that I spent with my Grandma in the kitchen of the old farmhouse helping her with whatever the activities of the day were. I particularly remember the day when I got to help her churn butter. It was great fun but really hard work, more than I, as a little 6-year-old, could handle. I adored Grandma and would just love to relive any day I ever spent with her. Damn it. Now I’ve teared up. Excuse me while I go find a tissue.

12. If your life was turned into a movie… what actor would your best friend think should play you?
I have no idea. Perhaps that actress that plays Molly on the TV show Mike and Molly. Is that the name of it? I’ve never seen anything but the commercials. It’s on CBS, not sure what night.

13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?
In high school, I babysat a lot. In college, I worked for a while in the student health center and then went to work at the Assembly Hall.

14. Show us a picture from high school or college.
Thanks for asking, but I’ll pass.

15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
England, Wales, Ireland, Scotland. I would love to spend a month just roaming from one place to another there.

16. Where do you see your life 6 and 1/2 years from now?
Interesting time frame… hmm… let’s see, that’ll be February 2019. I’ll be finishing up my 12th year at my current job and hopefully ready to move into my new career as an ordained minister. N will be a couple years out of high school and hopefully either in college, trade school, or gainfully employed. If he’s still living, W will be well into his 80’s. I can’t even imagine what that will be like. Hopefully, by that point, I can spend a bit more of my money and time on things that please me rather than others.

17. If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be and why?
49, young enough to still have fun old enough to be smart about it.

18. What 5 songs are included on the soundtrack to your life? (You can pick "Middle School", "High School", "College", "Post College" or any format you like.)
Elementary – A Horse With No Name.  The bus driver kept the radio tuned to WLS, and I can remember hearing that song many times on the way to or from school.
Junior High – The Lion Sleeps Tonight.  I won a talent contest at a slumber party singing that song.
High School – When the Lights Go Down on the City.  The theme from the one official school dance I went to in high school.
College – anything Dan Fogelberg did in the ‘70s or early ‘80s.  I was all about Fogelberg then.  Oh wait.  I still am...
Post College – Don’t You (Forget About Me).  Just brings back memories of all those great Brat Pack movies of the '80s.

19. Romney picked Paul Ryan to run as his veep. Any thoughts?
I find anyone who would vote for this pair to be highly suspect.  And that's all I'm going to say about that.

20. Your chance: Pick a meme you've done for us to steal. Bud and Judd will visit EVERY post today. Feel free to say, "Bugger off", or anything like that.
Mostly the memes I’ve done have come from Sunday Stealing so I really don’t know that I have any for them to steal.

No comments: