Saturday, August 25, 2012

Sunday Stealing: Our Players' Meme

Barely before the next one is available, I am finally posting last week's Sunday Stealing entry.  They combined two different memes for this one so you'll see a little note where the first ends and second begins, though you'd probably figure it out anyway.

1. You have been awarded the time off from work and an all-expenses paid week anywhere in the United States. The catch is that it must be somewhere you have not been before. Where do you choose to visit?
Oh goodie! I can take a week and knock down more of those states I haven’t been to yet. Let’s see. I do believe I’ll hit the Dakotas, North and South. I have a friend who is originally from there and would probably be happy to take a week’s vacation and show me the good stuff there.

2. Name three of your guilty pleasures.
Watching Big Brother
Eating fast food, the greasier the better
Going off by myself without telling anyone where I’ll be

3. The best kind of Girl Scout Cookie is:
The peanut butter patties. Not the sandwich ones, the ones with the chocolate coating on them.

4. What do you value most in other people?
The ability and willingness to shut up.

5. Be honest. Do you sneak some raw cookie dough when you’re baking cookies?
No. I used to, but raw egg paranoia cured that.

6. Have you ever looked back at your life and realized that something you thought was a bad thing was actually a blessing in disguise?!
Many times…

7. What is the most beautiful place you’ve ever visited?
San Juan, Puerto Rico

8. Are you more of a thinker or a feeler?
Actually, more of a thinker… sometimes to my detriment.

9. Name three things you are thankful for right now.
My kid
My job
My friends

10. Have you ever participated in a three-legged race?
When I was a kid. Being a klutz I never ever won one.

11. When you are at an event that plays the National Anthem, do you place your hand over your heart?
No. I was raised that hand over heart is for the pledge of allegiance but not for the anthem.

Second meme:

12. What kind of work do you do?
Number puzzles all day long.

13. During the course of your lifetime, which job or career has been your favorite or most fulfilling?
By far the manager job I held a lifetime ago on the West Coast.

14. Do you think it’s necessary in your life to have a day-to-day “career” that is meaningful and service-oriented or do you function better in “just a job” with a steady paycheck?
Meaningful and service-oriented is absolutely essential in the long term.

15. Was there ever a time in your life when you wanted to stay home with your children instead of working, even if it meant less money in the household?
If W had ever had a job after N was born, you bet.

16. Tell us your worst boss story.
The worst boss I ever had was the CEO of a not-for-profit organization. She was being unethical with the organizations finances, and I figured it out within a couple of months of taking the Accounting Director position there. I took things to board members who chose to believe her lies instead of my proof. It was terribly uncomfortable until I got another job and got out of there. A couple of years, and a couple of more Accounting Directors, down the road she was asked to retire, and the organization has since made a wonderful turnaround.

17. Have you ever been the boss?
Yep.

18. What is your dream occupation?
CFO of a local not-for-profit organization serving the community in some meaningful way.

No comments: