Friday, September 05, 2008

Another of Life's Mysteries

Why is it that where I injured my left leg when I fell earlier this summer I have now sprouted fur? While my legs have always had some hair on them, it has always been sparse and fine and not terribly noticable until it gets pretty long. Now across my left leg a wide swath of black fur is growing. It is dense and dark and quite noticable after only a couple of days. It is very annoying because it means I either have to shave every day or two or wear pants to cover it.

So to anyone with any medical background (more than just playing a doctor on TV please) enlighten me. Am I simply a freak of nature or is this a common phenomenon with serious contusions? Is it likely temporary or permanent? Hit me with your best information. While you're at it, can you tell me how long it takes before the swelling and discoloration goes away with something like this?

BTW, please don't tell me to go ask my own doctor about these things. I have an upcoming appointment with her. I'll ask. I'm just throwing this out here in the meantime.

2 comments:

Fusion said...

Our bodies do weird things, don't they True? I've had strange pigment changes on my skin for years. Nothing I can do about it, it's just me *shrug*

It may just go away at some point too. The doc should know.

Trueself said...

Fuse - Very weird indeed.