Friday, December 26, 2008

Once You Get Past the Crap

Before I head off with N to my parents' house for the long weekend, I thought I should give you some highlights from what went right this Christmas. There was plenty that was great, and as N said to me as I drove him to W's yesterday afternoon, "This is the best Christmas ever even though Christmas Eve was bad."
Highlights from the last two days:
  • BJ, N, and I attended the Christmas Eve service at church. It was a great service with much caroling, candlelight, and yummy cookies and wassail afterwards.
  • I made a late supper for us that night, simple but delicious. Just a casserole, baked beans, sweet and sour red cabbage and for dessert brownies with ice cream. BJ and N both thought it was great.
  • N was thrilled on Christmas morning when he got his Wii from his grandparents and an MP3 player from Santa. He was not as thrilled with his presents from me: two pair of pants and a set of new sheets for his bed. Oh well, at least Santa and the grandparents came through for him.
  • I made a delicious Christmas brunch for us: Impossible Broccoli Pie (kind of in between a frittatta and a quiche), Cheesy Grits, Sausage Patties, Blueberry Muffins, and Fresh Fruit Salad. Everybody enjoyed it.
  • BJ helped N get the Wii set up while I cleaned up after brunch.
  • N played on the Wii until I had to drag him away so he could go spend part of Christmas day with W.
  • BJ and I had some nice private adult time after N was at W's, including a nap before getting up to have dinner comprised of leftovers from the Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas brunch.
  • BJ and I woke early this morning, enjoyed our time together, got up and went out for breakfast.
  • After breakfast, we picked N up at W's. On the way home, N asked if BJ was coming to Grandma and Grandpa's with us. When told no, he begged us for BJ to go. (I am so glad N likes BJ.) We explained that no, BJ can't go as he has to stay here and dogsit for us.
So there you go. Christmas ain't such a bad time after all in spite of a rocky start.

This is my last post until we get back on Monday. I'll still Twitter occasionally though so feel free to check on me there.

2 comments:

Sailor said...

I'm glad it worked out in the end! Have a great time

Val said...

I am resisting the urge to waste MORE time on Twitter, but it's v v tempting...
Seriously, though, have a great holiday - drive safely & RELAX!