Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Back on My Meds

Yes, I went back on my meds as soon as I posted that I was off of them. It was a bit of a wakeup call that I saw myself devolving into someone I don’t want to be.

Now, don’t get me wrong. I’m still spending this Friday with J. I don’t have to be insane to want some companionship. What I have done though is come around to a saner way of thinking about our relationship. It is what it is, no more, no less, and I need to stop trying to make it something it isn’t.

----------------DEEP BREATH---------------

Given the prominence of the topic of infidelity in the news lately, I too have been mulling over the whole issue of infidelity in general and in my life particularly.

I have come to the conclusion that there are far fewer men who haven’t cheated than those who have. Not only that, I think that anybody, man or woman, who has cheated or even come really darned close to cheating should stop getting all judgmental on others who cheat.

Do they think that if they don’t feign shock and dismay over the infidelities of others that it will make it appear that they too might be cheaters? Is it the guilty conscience that gets to them and causes them to condemn others for the very sin of which they are guilty?

I can’t do it. I can’t judge others’ behavior. I don’t care what you do on the down low. I really don’t. As long as you aren’t making a public spectacle of yourself and aren’t hurting your friends and family then I’m perfectly happy to live my own life and work on my own flaws and let you do the same.

I have more to say, but I'm out of time for now.  Darn it that life keeps getting in the way of my blogging.

No comments: