Friday, June 23, 2006

Plans with J

J sent me this email yesterday evening:

Trueself,

I hope you know you said ALOT in your last email. It is kind of ironic that you actually said you truly loved your spouse despite what has transpired. Also, since I did say I was telling you out of a caring attitude rather than a lecture, do you really want to take out revenge on me? Yeah, where I have been coming from it sounded selfish in what I said.. I apologize but I don't think there was a way around it. It DID sound like something you would have done in high school. For it to be that bad...man..what can I say? We will have alot to talk about Monday, I am sure. When we get together, can you tell me specifically what you had in mind about doing? Just kidding...you said you wanted to give me more for my birthday. What on earth could it be? Hmmmm..... Anyway, let me know in the next day or so where and when. I obviously have to know some specifics before I call in Sunday evening or Monday morning. Talk to you later.

Love,
J

When I was awake in the middle of the night for no good reason I sent the following reply:

J,

Yes, I know I said a lot in my last email. You know what? I do love W. I don't particularly like him a lot right now, but I will always, on a certain level, love him and care about him. Yes, we have a lot to talk about on Monday.

Okay, here’s the plan for Monday. Let’s meet for breakfast at the [insert name of restaurant and directions on how to get there]. As I said before, I will leave the house at 7:30 like I always do so I should be at xxxx between 7:45 and 8:00. Let’s plan on meeting outside in front of the restaurant.

There are lots of motels in the airport area. I have checked prices online. We may be able to get something as cheap as $50-$70 which isn’t too bad if we’re splitting the cost. Nobody that I called would guarantee that we could check in early, but if they have rooms cleaned and ready to go we can check in whenever. Because of that I have made no reservations but have a list of possibilities and thought we could just show up and ask if they have rooms available if that is okay with you. I’m almost certain we’ll find something that isn’t too expensive.

I hate being the one to make all the decisions here. If you have better or different ideas just let me know. I’m easy (obviously). Of course, we can plan out our day over breakfast on Monday, too. I’m really looking forward to spending the day together, and I’m hoping together we can make some of your birthday wishes come true.


And just so you know, I decided not to do anything beyond lunch with G. I was going to and even had plans to meet him again, but after reading your emails, and thinking about it, and realizing that there were certain things about him that seemed kind of off and a little creepy, I decided to turn him down. So maybe I've grown up just a little since high school?

One last thing. What cell phone carrier do you have? If I get a prepaid cell phone I can get a better deal if I'm calling someone with the same carrier. Since I would only use it to call you I might as well get one with the same carrier that you have.

See you on Monday.

Love,

Trueself

This morning, I told W that I have to work on Monday even though I had been planning on taking that day off. The system conversion that we are currently undergoing at work provided a really good reason why I needed to work that day. Sometimes I surprise myself (and not in a good way) by how easy it is to lie about these things.

No comments: