Thursday, December 28, 2006

Whew! What a Project

After switching to New Blogger (although it was still Beta when I switched) I started to dink around with things a bit. The biggest changes I made were 1) attaching labels to each and every of my 200+ posts and 2) changing to the updated template which was a pain in some ways because of all the extra "stuff" in my sidebar but also allowed me to easily add my labels list to the sidebar.

So now, if you want to read every post about W you can click on the W label in the sidebar and get every single one of them, currently at 106 I believe, more than any other label. On the other hand, if you want to see the few posts where I've touched upon religion click on that label. Hopefully this will be helpful if anybody (including myself) ever wants to go back and find what I said about a particular topic.

Adding the labels was time consuming, but from now on I'll add them as I write the posts so it will be much, much easier. I think the fact that I did this (and am doing it but haven't finished it on my other blog) is indicative of a certain OCD like trait that I have to some extent.

No comments: