Sunday, December 31, 2006

Resolutions for 2007

  1. Get a new job.
  2. Get a divorce.
  3. Work on eating in a healthy way.
  4. Start exercising again at least 3 days a week.
  5. Limit non-work-related internet time to no more than 2 hours a day.

I'll be the first to admit that I probably won't accomplish all of these resolutions, but they make a good set of goals. If I attain 3 of the 5 I'll consider 2007 to be a big success compared to 2006. I deliberately did not include losing weight as a goal. I find that I don't do well when I focus on losing weight, but I do better if I focus on the activities (#3 & #4) that will likely lead to weight loss. So that's where I'm putting my focus: eating in a healthy way (eating when hungry, eating nutritious foods) and exercising regularly.

Do you make resolutions at the new year? Do you seriously try to keep them or just kind of think of them as things you know you won't achieve? See the new poll in the sidebar.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Well, happy to keep you company on the health eating and exercise.

I am feeling a bit frustrated with my progress with losing the baby weight, and pondering whether to join something like Weight Watchers.

But I seem to do better (and be less obsessive about the whole thing and less inclined to beat myself up) just working on the exercise and good habits and not focusing on the weight so much.

So if you want to be healthy-eating-and-exercise buddies, let me know!

Rob said...

I don't go in for new years resolutions all that much because most of them should have been made much earlier than January 1st, if they are going to be made at all - and followed! The health club industry indecently salivates with greed (to use a term) at this time of the year since a majority of their new clients sign and pay up for a year long membership and then drop out of going, usually within a few months - easy profits for them.

But that said, don't get too depressed by it all because there's always next year! (evil grin)