Thursday, August 02, 2007

John Kerry's Got Nothing on Me

I speak of waffling here. Kerry's been accused of it, but he has met his match in me. I am the self-proclaimed Waffle Queen. As such I should probably live here:
rather than where I actually live.

Can I not make a decision on anything? Must I always bounce back and forth, to and fro, until my head and stomach hurts? Is it my perfectionism that is driving me nuts? I keep putting off doing things until I know it is going to turn out just right, but that's not going to happen because this is the REAL WORLD where nothing is a sure thing. There is no absolute way to know if a choice will lead to more joy or regrets. It is impossible to really know how I'll feel 5 or 10 years down the road. Fear of the unknown immobilizes me. The uncertainty leads to indecision which leaves me, and those around me, in limbo.

Main Entry: lim·bo
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural limbos
Etymology: Middle English, from Medieval Latin, abl. of limbus limbo, from Latin, border
Date: 14th century
1 often capitalized : an abode of souls that are according to Roman Catholic theology barred from heaven because of not having received Christian baptism
2 a: a place or state of restraint or confinement b: a place or state of neglect or oblivion c: an intermediate or transitional place or state d: a state of uncertainty

2 comments:

Al Laddin said...

...and that makes you what(?), human????

Must we re-cap all the great stuff you've done just in the last MONTH?

1) Had it out w/W. (Bigggg)(Really big.)
2) Moved.
3) Moved TWICE (really... and virtually by yourself).
4) Starting a "Special Interest" group (THIS is good!).

I respectfully suggest that you may be going into a little Psychic/Karmic melt down. Just melt for a while Trueself. Don't you desreve it?

Trueself said...

Al - Oh fine then! Cheer me up damn it! Make me smile when I had a perfectly good snit going here. {sticks tongue out in general direction of Al}
Thank you friend.