Thursday, August 30, 2007

Trueself as Writer?

I have books inside me just waiting to be written. I really believe I could write a book, actually I have ideas for three books. Non-fiction is my realm though. I don't think I could write a novel. Maybe I could, but doubtful.

There has never been a time in my life until recently when I thought that I might be a writer. I'm a numbers person, always have been. I loved math from the get go. Math is good. Math is logical and makes sense. Writing on the other hand is very free form, a creative endeavor. Writing has some rules, but not the kind that dictate like math does so writing isn't as natural to me as math.

Now, however, after blogging for a year and a half I find that not only can I write, but that I enjoy writing. I enjoy giving voice to thoughts in my head, recording them in a way that allows me to set them outside my head clearing it for other thoughts. It gives me a place to store my thoughts so that I don't have to dwell on them.

Recently, it has come to my attention (thanks to suggestions from others) that I might actually have a book or two inside me waiting to get out. Will it ever materialize? I don't know, but at least it is no longer something of which I feel incapable. I do believe that given the time and proper self-discipline that I just very well could write a book. And the topic? Well, I'm not prepared to share that just yet. No, I feel the need to work on it a bit first, have the book much farther along before ever sharing much about it or its topic with the outside world.

Then again, maybe this is all just another way of distracting myself from my life and the actions that need to be taken there.

3 comments:

stinkypaw said...

I like your lucidity about this...

uhavegot2bkidn said...

Missed reading your post from yesterday...I'm worried for Finished Last, too.

Trueself said...

SP - Not sure if you mean my lucidity about actually being able to write, that I'm distracting myself or both. But it's good to know that someone thinks I'm lucid.

Uhave - Still haven't heard from him so I worry more every day. Almost makes me wanna drive down and visit his church just to see if I could find out how he is. Then again, that might make a bit stalkerish wouldn't it?