Sunday, March 16, 2008

The L Word

Spent last night with the bi group. We had a marathon watching session of The L Word, the Showtime series about lesbians living and loving in LA. I had never seen it before. We started with the pilot episode and watched the first nine episodes of the first season. I slept through parts of episode 6 and virtually all of episodes 7 and 8. However, what I did watch I liked.



C attended also and rode with me. She often rides with me since her car isn't in very good shape. She annoyed me more this weekend than ever before. Suffice it to say that the crush I had on her a while back has long since dissipated. I still consider her to be my best friend, but she really has some traits that annoy the crap out of me. She can't be on time to save her life. She was adamant that we had to leave town by 4:00 yesterday so we would get to the party on time. I wanted to leave after the Illini basketball game was over and arrive at the party late. Oh no, she had to be there no later than the stated starting time of the party which was 6:00. Given that it would only take an hour and a half to get there we didn't need to leave by 4:00, but she called me twice yesterday afternoon to make sure I was going to pick her up at 4:00. Being just an itty bitty bit passive aggressive I decided I would leave my house at 4:00 so it would be between 4:10 and 4:15 when I picked her up. Just as I was leaving the house C called my cell phone again and asked if I was at her house yet. I said no, that I'd just left home and was on my way. She wasn't even home! She had gone out and wanted me to wait for her when I got to her house. Good grief. So I drove to her house and called her to find out how soon she'd be there. She told me she was in the checkout line at the grocery store, and she would be there in a few minutes. Around 4:30 she showed up then loaded my car down with more crap than I would need to take for a week long trip.

I could go on, but I won't. Suffice it to say that for the entire event C continued to do little crap that annoyed me no end. Maybe I was just in a bad mood. Maybe I'm having PMS. Maybe I'm just an evil bitch with no patience.

The party, in spite of C annoying me, was a lot of fun. We had some great munchies, even some really healthy options like fresh veggies with hummus and fresh fruit with a chocolate fountain (c'mon we had to have chocolate, we are women after all). I found out that blue raspberry vodka mixed with cranberry juice is really tasty. I found out that I'm the only one in our group who doesn't smoke weed. I've got nothing against those who smoke weed, and I've tried it a couple of times, but it just doesn't do anything for me so I don't see a reason to smoke it. Watching The L Word with other bi women was fun as we discussed which of the women on the show were turn ons and which turn offs and why. We are an interesting group as we all thought that the women on The L Word are too damned skinny with barely any boobs. Bleah. We all agree we like our women to have a little more flesh on the bones.

All in all, it was a good weekend. It would have been a great weekend if the Illini would have beaten Wisconsin today and made it into the big dance. Oh well, can't have everything I suppose.

No comments: