Saturday, October 04, 2008

Not a Big Thing

I'm titling this post the way I am because I want everyone to realize that what I'm talking about here isn't a big deal to me. It's just something that I'm trying to work out in my head.

I know I tend to overreact and overdramatize. I have no illusions about that so when things happen that make me have strong reactions I try to step back and deal with myself first before dealing with the situation. I'm in one of those situations right now.

Something happened early this morning that scared me. It scared me badly enough that I left where I was and returned home. . . without explanation, without much forethought, just a strong desire to get to a place where I would feel safe and comfortable.

Now, several hours later, I'm trying hard to step back and think about it, think it through, and I can't talk about it yet. I have to think. I have to decide what to do and how to make myself feel okay with it.

8 comments:

stinkypaw said...

Hope it wasn't anything seriously bad and that you'll manage to cope... be strong. What you're doing is good and "wise"! ;-)

Serenity said...

Never secondguess that voice or gut instinct that says "find somewhere safe." Don't minimize your feelings by saying you "overreact and overdramatize." You feel what you feel, you are allowed.

kimba said...

what a comfort to have laura here.

Karin's Korner said...

My thoughts are with you. Be safe.

Trueself said...

Thanks all for your concern and support. After a somewhat rocky Saturday I think all is now well.

Kimba - Yes, isn't it grand?

Unknown said...

I have to agree with Serenity: Never ever second guess that voice or that feeling! Never!

I hope all is well.... you did what you needed to do.

Serenity said...

Yes my name is Laura, what is the big deal? sheesh. Some people really need to get over themselves.

Trueself said...

C-Marie - Yes, all is well now.

Serenity - Good advice for yourself as well I think.