Monday, October 13, 2008

Where the Hell Did I Go?

For some people a gap of a few days on the blog is typical. For me, it's a bit of an unusual gap. But people, I've been busy, oh so busy.

Had to get the car serviced in addition to working my regular hours in addition to hosting N's birthday party at the local ice rink. I left home at 7:15 a.m., dropped by the house around 6:00 p.m. to feed the dog and do a couple of chores before heading off to the ice arena shortly after 7:00 p.m. I came home around 9:30 p.m., picked up BJ to go out for a late supper. I have no recollection what I ate. I only know I was dog tired by the time we returned home so we went right to bed. (Perhaps we didn't go right to sleep but definitely right to bed.)

No chance to sleep in so BJ and I got up and went out to breakfast after which I returned him to my house, and I went off to the Illini football game. (Awful game, don't even talk to me about it. Bleah.) Right after the game N and I headed off to my parents' house three hours away. N slept part of the way. I wish I could have, but it's generally viewed as poor form to sleep while driving. We arrived in the early evening. N was wound up from his nap. I was dead tired. I went to bed before he did. He ended up sleeping in bed with me because he couldn't go to sleep on his own (although lots of times he goes to sleep on his own).

Spent the day with my parents getting caught up on the family gossip. Mom is a treasure trove of information and is happy to share it when Dad isn't within earshot to give her what for about spreading gossip. So I know all about the IRS troubles of one relative (couldn't happen to a more deserving person I must say) and all of my granny's latest antics. Of course, when you're 96 I think you're allowed whatever antics you desire. Dad's on his "off" time with the chemo so although he's weak he is stronger than most of the time. He felt well enough that we went out to dinner on Sunday night. He ate really well which was good to see because he doesn't have much appetite due to the chemo and struggles to keep his weight up, a problem that he has never had previously in his life. Afterwards, I took N to a movie, Beverly Hills Chihuahua (cute movie BTW), and then we returned to my parents' house just in time to go to bed at 10:00 p.m. Fortunately, N went to sleep quickly so I was able to go to bed early too.

Slept in this morning, and didn't get up until 8:45 a.m. Ahh. . . It was a good way to start the day. I'd have slept later except N came in and woke me. I was able to waste the entire morning watching Today, The View, The Price is Right and All My Children. Then it was three hours back home, take N to soccer practice, and now, finally, catch up on blogging. Soon I will be in bed ready to take on the world, or at least my little corner of it.

Happy Columbus Day!


Fusion said...

I kept checking for mail today... this not working screws me up alot.

The Price Is Right is just wrong with Drew Carey hosting it now...

Sounds like you need to go back to work to rest True!

Now NEXT weekend...

Val said...

Yep, our nonstop action all holiday weekend nearly put me under too! (I was ready to go back to work to get some REST)

Trueself said...

Fuse - Yes, not working definitely leaves one struggling to remember what day it is. Now, if I could just find a way to have problems like that. ;-)
I like Drew, but then you know I'm always attracted to the chubby guys.
Very much looking forward to next weekend. . . very much. . .

Val - Amazing, isn't it, that sometimes work is more restful than the rest of life?