Thursday, October 09, 2008

When the Planets and Moon Align Just So. . .

First, let me say happy birthday (yesterday) to N. He’s in double digits now, but still my “little boy” (as long as he doesn’t hear me call him that). W and I took him to Chevy’s last night for his birthday dinner. It was both W and I at N’s request, and Chevy’s at N’s request. N loves birthdays at Chevy’s because they make a big deal out of it. They give you a sombrero (to keep!), have the wait staff all gather together to sing to you, and give you a free sundae for dessert.

Ah, but what would a post be without a good rant along the way. Today’s rant is about W. Yeah, I know, what a surprise. W was born under the sign of Gemini, the twins. W is Gemini through and through. He has two distinct personalities – good W and evil W. For the last few weeks I’ve been graced with having the good W around. It’s been nice. We’ve cooperated. He has even on occasion offered to be helpful in sharing the care of N. Even N noticed they were getting along better. I knew it was too good to last, and I tread lightly because I never knew when he would flip from good W to evil W. Within the last week, evil W has returned. Maybe the moon and planets are badly aligned. I don’t know. He balks at every turn. While I had good W to help with developing the October custody schedule I am now dealing with evil W as we implement it. Suddenly, he has forgotten (in spite of having helped develop the calendar and having it posted on his refrigerator; I’ve seen it when I pick up N) and not pleased that he is to have N tonight and tomorrow night, as we agreed when the two of us sat down and made the calendar together. Also, last night after dinner as we were transferring N’s stuff from his car to mine he got all pissy over a minor issue, said “Whatever” as I tried to explain something, slammed the car door on my car, turned and walked away. N said, “I can’t believe he just did that to you.” Then he put his head on my shoulder and rubbed my arm. I didn’t know what to say except to thank him for caring.

How long will evil W stay and prevent good W from appearing? No clue. I guess it’ll take until the wind changes, or the planets realign, or he has a little success with one of his “lady friends” as he calls them.

In other news, I had two exceedingly weird dreams last night (thanks to spicy Mexican food for dinner maybe?). The first dream was that N (and yes, he is very much a boy) was pregnant without my knowledge until he had the baby. It was a bizarre dream and fizzled out as I started to question just exactly how N, a boy, could have a baby. It was a strange and disturbing dream. In the other dream I attended a party where several people I know in real life and a couple of people I didn’t know were in attendance. It was a rather adult type party. All the women were in lingerie while they men were fully dressed (which I thought was weird even in my dream). I was a newcomer to the group but very warmly welcomed. They were playing some kind of card game that I was having a hard time following, but turns often resulted in various adult type activities engaged in for a time determined by the cards played. At one point, I ended up in a FFM threesome with a redhead I know from the bi group and a man I didn’t know. I also know that John Goodman (the actor) was there, as well as one guy I knew from grade school. Most of the women there were from my bi group. This dream was quite interesting and enjoyable and was only interrupted as W called me early this morning to let me know that I needed to replenish N’s lunch money at school. I struggled to awaken from the dream as I tried to figure out what the noise was (the telephone ringing). Oh well, it was almost time to get up for the day anyway.

And just now I read my horoscope for today:
Your attempts to remain practical today may be futile as you are drawn into the shadowy regions of uncertainty. Logic fails to explain your strong passions, yet this is as it should be now. Your current lesson is about honoring your feelings, whether they are rational or not. Remember, you can allow your emotions to flow unrestrained without necessarily acting on any of them.


Okey dokey then. Heading into another beautiful, weird, wacky day. Yet this is as it should be now. Well, at least my horoscope seems to think so anyway.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to N!! (no matter big they get, they're always going to my our little guys)

I know all too well the Gemini madness. I live with one and if that isn't one sign that speaks the truth of itself! EGADS!

Unknown said...

Wow...typos! I clearly suck down too much coffee....

Trueself said...

C-Marie - The saddest thing is that when I read your comments the first time, last night, in a popcorn stupor from the movie I went to, I couldn't see what typos you thought you had made. This morning I come back, and there they are plain as day! Apparently my brain was less than fully engaged last night.

Val said...

Yech - thinking of popcorn stupor...
I always seem to have the need to poison myself w/movie-theater popcorn whenever we go; last night I took Z to see "Beverly Hills Chihuahua" - very cute!

Trueself said...

Val - Partly on your recommendation and partly because N wanted very badly to see it we partook of "Beverly Hills Chihuahua" last weekend, sans the popcorn this time (we'd just had a huge dinner with my folks). You're right. It is very cute.