Monday, July 17, 2006

This Weekend was Different

Yes, that was a big sigh of relief you heard coming from my direction.

This weekend was different because it was peaceful. I think that it was the first weekend that W and I didn't argue with one another in more than two months. It finally felt like we were working together instead of working against each other. It felt good to have a weekend like that for a change.

Last night when we went to bed W and I didn't immediately roll over and go to sleep. Instead he and I fooled around for a while, enjoying the feel of each other's bodies, exploring each other's bodies. We had a great time. W is starting to relax more and accept that we can enjoy each other even when penetration is not physically possible. This morning, we fooled around some more, so much so that I was a few minutes late to work. W threatened to call me in sick and keep me home all day in bed to take care of me. I was tempted, very tempted, but there are things I must get done at work today so I declined.

It almost feels like we are returning to that couple we used to be several years ago -- the ones who enjoyed spending time with each other, the ones who cared about each other and loved each other. Oh, I so hope these feelings continue, that we are coming back to our old selves, and are finding our way back to our marriage, but it seems like every time I feel this way something happens to send us spiraling back down again. For now, I'll just appreciate this weekend for what it was and not worry too much about when we're going to encounter the next bump in the road.

1 comment:

stinkypaw said...

Enjoy it to the max - ride that wave while you can! And stop worrying about what might go wrong, have fun, while you can and want to with your husband!