Friday, May 18, 2007

Picnics, Painters, Plumbers, Passion, and Possibilities

BJ and I are having a wonderful time. This evening we enjoyed a wonderful picnic dinner. It was very relaxing, sitting on stone steps, enjoying our leisurely dinner and bottle of wine. It capped off a very pleasant couple of days together.

The painter of the new house is frustrating the daylights out of me. First he called earlier this week to tell me that the water is off at the house and that when they are finished they need the water turned on to clean up. I explained that if they were to turn the water on before the plumber finished fixing the leak in the pipes they would flood the kitchen. So he agreed not to turn on the water. The plumber agreed to get out there and finish up and get the water back on. Yesterday the plumber calls, says he's got it all fixed, but he has turned the water back off as that is their policy with unoccupied houses. Okay, so I go out and turn the water on only to find out the painter is already finished and wants to know how to get the key to the house back to me. We arrange for him to drop it in the mailbox (you have to have a key to open the mailbox to get the mail out) so I can pick it up this evening. When I went over it wasn't there. Sigh. . .

Anyway, in spite of dealing with all that while BJ has been here, we've managed to have some good times with lots of passion. I don't really share details here of our escapades, but let's just say that we particularly enjoyed 10:30 last night, 2:45 in the middle of the night and 6:15 this morning. Ah yes, plenty of passion to be had here.

As for the possibilities, BJ has an interview coming up for a job in this area. Had the hiring manager been in the office today he would've had the interview today. However, the hiring manager was not in so he'll have to wait until next week for a telephone interview. How wonderful it would be to have him here rather than 400 miles away. The future just gets closer all the time. . .

3 comments:

Fiona said...

The future just gets closer all the time. . .

does that mean you are beginning to come to some decisions TS?

I'm glad you had an excellent time with BJ!!

Drama said...

I don't really share details here of our escapades, but let's just say that we particularly enjoyed 10:30 last night, 2:45 in the middle of the night and 6:15 this morning. Ah yes, plenty of passion to be had here.

Hehehehe I know that type of passion all too well...my Cali Guy and I have had a few of those evenings. ::wink::

So glad to hear you had a wonderful time with BJ!! How wonderful would that be if he was to be near by.

Drama

Trueself said...

Fiona - I feel closer to making those hard decisions than I've ever been, but I still haven't quite gotten there yet.

Drama - I love waking in the middle of the night to a passionate partner. It truly was a wonderful time, and it will indeed be more wonderful if he can find a job and live closer.