Thursday, October 05, 2006

Nine Things

I have been tagged by Emily. I have been asked to state nine things about myself, weird or otherwise, and then tag six others by leaving a comment on their blogs. So let's see if there is anything at all I haven't already shared here:

1. I love to do cross stitch, but counted only not stamped. I did a very large piece for my brother and sister-in-law for their wedding present with their names and wedding date on it and had it professionally framed. I have no idea what they did with it. It is not on display anywhere in their house. Oh well.

2. I once went to a friend's wedding and he hit on me during the reception. The backstory is that this friend (male) and I had dated a bit in high school, were never serious about one another, but both like fooling around so we became almost-fuck buddies (as in we did everything except fuck). We continued to get together every now and then throughout college. He moved a few hours away after that, and I didn't see him again until his wedding a year or so later. During the reception, he came over to where I was sitting with J, my date, and whispered to me that he'd still love to hook up with me whenever possible and to just give him a call. I never did. He's still married to the same woman over 20 years later.

3. One time a guy in high school offered me $50 to have sex with him. I refused. Little did he know that if he had asked without offering money I probably would have said yes. I didn't want to be a whore, slut okay, but whore no.

4. I drive the car I have now because when I bought it I was working in a very bad part of town with a high crime rate including many auto thefts. I specifically picked a strange looking unpopular model to decrease the risk of theft. Apparently it worked. It was never stolen.

5. When I eat, I eat all of one food before proceeding to the next food on the plate, and I eat in order from least liked food to most liked food always saving the best for last. Also, at home I don't generally have anything to drink with my meal, not even water. I'll drink before or after, but not during. When I'm at a restaurant however I will drink during the meal. Don't know why the difference.

6. I very rarely wear makeup, but when I was out meeting my internet guys I always put on just a little blush, mascara and lipstick, trying to make myself look as good as possible to impress possible hookups. Last weekend when I met BJ I didn't wear any makeup at all. I figured if this turns into a long term relationship he'll see me without makeup way more than with it so he might just as well see the real me from the start. No false advertising for me when dealing with someone I care about.

7. In spite of not wearing much makeup, I spend a lot, or at least I think it's a lot, on keeping my hair looking good. I spend over $100 a month for a cut, color and styling. To me it is well worth it. I really value decent looking hair.

8. I am addicted to the soap opera All My Children and have been since 1977. That's a long time to watch the same TV show. There are only about three characters still there that were there when I started watching. Currently, I find all affair storylines to be particularly poignant. Hmmm, can't imagine why.

9. I will never ever completely trust police officers because of two incidents that happened more than twenty years ago. The first was that a friend of mine was shot in the back by a police officer as he was running away from a crime he committed. Admittedly, he was wrong to have committed the crime, a nonviolent crime by the way. He was wrong to run when the police yelled for him to stop. He didn't deserve to die for it, but the police found a way to get rid of someone they deemed a "problem" in the community. The second was that a friend who worked in a police department (different community from the first incident) was threatened by officers who worked there after they allowed him to know that they kept for their own use part of the drugs they confiscated from people they busted. He was too scared to narc on them because he knew he could never be safe, and that was exactly what they wanted.

And now, to tag six people I choose BJ, Freebird, Mr. Husbland, John from Dad's Life, Stinkypaw, and karin

3 comments:

stinkypaw said...

Interesting list - I'll work on mine - thanks for stopping by!

Emily said...

I eat all of one food before moving onto the next item on the plate, too! I never noticed it about myself until other people commented. But I will admit that I am quite a systematic, structured sort of person and this is probably why I eat that way!

I eat the best bits first, though! Wonder what that says about me!

Trueself said...

SP,
Looking forward to your list

Emily,
I think what it says about you is that you are thinner than me. Your way when you're full you can stop because you only have the stuff you aren't as crazy about left. My way when you're full you keep going because you're trying to get through to that last luscious morsel.