Tuesday, December 18, 2007

100 Q&A, Part II

Okay, life intervened and it took me longer to get to Part II than I had originally planned. Here it is, the second half of everything you never wanted to know about me and didn't care to ask.

51. Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer?
A few years ago when the church we attended did the whole portrait thing for the church directory. I think N was 5 or 6 at the time. It's about time again, but I'd rather wait until the divorce and have just N and me in it this time.

52. Do you think musicals are cheesy?
No! Absolutely not! I love musicals! I love performing in musicals! Now I just need to find me a community theater group with which to become involved. Definitely not cheesy. No, no, no.

53. Is Christmas stressful?
Not particularly, especially since I don't usually do it as an extended family thing. To me, Christmas is fun, and when I find aspects of it that aren't fun for me I eliminate those from the mix. Therefore, not a lot of decorating takes place at my house, but baking is ramped up exorbitantly during the holidays. That way I'm focusing on things I personally enjoy and don't get all bogged down because I don't feel "obligated" to those parts that aren't meaningful to me.

54. Ever eat a pirogi?
Yes.

55. Favorite type of fruit pie?
It's a tossup. Either apple, cherry, or pumpkin if you count pumpkin as a fruit (or is it a vegetable?)

56. Occupations you wanted to be when you were younger?
At various times during childhood, I had dreams of being a hairdresser, a psychologist, a lawyer, even president of the United States. Strangely enough, as a kid I never said, "Gee, I'd love to grow up to be an accountant."

57. Do you believe in ghosts?
I'm not clear cut on this one. I used to very firmly believe in them, but now I'm not so sure.

58. Ever have a deja-vu feeling?
Yes. Often.

59. Take a vitamin daily?
Nope.

60. Wear slippers?
Rarely.

61. Wear a bath robe?
Rarely.

62. What do you wear to bed?
Nothing if I'm warm enough. Snuggly soft warm nightgown or nightshirt and socks if I'm cold.

63. First concert?
Well, I played in many in school, but if you mean to have attended it would be sometime in grade school when I attended a performance of Peter and the Wolf with my class.

64. Wal-Mart, Target or K-Mart?
Target. Now, you didn't ask why, but that's never stopped me from sharing before, and it won't stop me now. There isn't a K-Mart nearby, and even when I lived near one it was dirty, had narrow aisles, and was in a skanky neighborhood, so K-Mart isn't even in the running. With Wal-Mart, I just have this uneasy feeling about lining the Walton family's pockets while the workers on the floor are treated as poorly as they are by the corporation.

65. Nike or Adidas?
Sorry, neither one. Converse All Star Hi Tops. I am old school. I already told you that. I gots no need of them there fancy shoes. Nope, gimme a pair of classic Chuck Taylor's and I'm good to go.

66. Cheetos Or Fritos?
Fritos. I loves me some Fritos with cottage cheese, and no orange residue on the fingers afterwords.

67. Peanuts or sunflower seeds?
Peanuts if a snack by themselves, sunflower seeds in or on something as in trail mix or oatmeal or a salad.

68. Ever hear of, "gorp"?
Well, of course. See reference to "trail mix" in answer to 67.

69. Ever take dance lessons?
Twice, took a square dance class in college and took ballroom dance classes with W when we were first together. Unfortunately, neither helped. I'm still hopelessly inept on the dance floor yet enthusiastic to be there.

70. Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing?
Whatever makes him happy.

71. Can you curl your tongue?
Yes.

72. Ever won a spelling bee?
Nope. Not my thing. I'm a numbers person, not a speller. That's why they invented spellcheck.

73. Have you ever cried because you were so happy?
Hell yes. I cry at everything whether it's happy, sad, touching, whatever.

74. Own any record albums?
Many. Too many probably.

75. Own a record player?
Yes, two as a matter of fact, but one doesn't work very well.

76. Regularly burn incense?
Can't stand it. Hate it. Please don't burn incense in my presence. Thank you.

77. What's the worst part about camping?
Sleeping on the hard ground if you don't have an air mattress. Other than that it is all good.

78. Who would you like to see in concert?
Bowling for Soup.

79. What was the last concert you saw?
Umm. . . been so long I don't remember.

80. Hot tea or cold tea?
Depends on the weather. Hot tea in cold weather and cold tea in hot weather.

81. Tea or coffee?
Coffee. Black. Strong. Now.

82. Sugar cookies or snickerdoodles?
Yes. Oh well, if I have to pick it would be sugar cookies I guess, but really why not have one of each?

83. Can you swim well?
Not well as in actually swimming the way you're "supposed" to swim, but very well if the only point is to stay afloat.

84. Can you hold your breath w/o manually holding your nose?
Umm, yeah. I didn't know there was anybody that couldn't.

85. Are you patient?
I must be to stay in this marriage this long. Seriously though, most of the time I am patient. The times my patience wears thin are when I don't feel well, or when I feel like I'm backed into a corner.

86. DJ or band, at a wedding?
Don't know. I'll think about that in the future when I'm actually in the planning stage.

87. Ever won a contest?
Yes, I won a certificate for a free sandwich in a radio contest once. I also won tickets to a college volleyball game once. Other than that, I'm pretty much a loser.

88. Ever have plastic surgery?
Nope, and probably never will.

89. "Missing question HERE, so I'll say my favorite drink is pineapple juice and Malibu rum."
Well now, if I put in my favorite drink I guess it would have to be Jack & Coke overall, although Starbucks Peppermint Mocha is probably my fave right now.

90. Can you knit or crochet?
Yes, sort of, to both. I have done a little knitting and crocheting but not a whole lot. If I were going to try to actually make something I would need a refresher course for sure.

91. Best room for a fireplace?
Living room, or better yet in between the living and dining rooms, one of those that opens to both sides.

92. Weirdest place that you have had sex?
Passenger seat of a Toyota pickup truck.

93. If married, how long have you been married?
19 years, 5 months.

94. Who is/was your HS crush?
Well, if you've read the blog long enough you know it's J.

95. Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way?
I believe my fifth amendment rights protect me from self incrimination so I will, on the advice of my attorney, decline to answer.

96. Do you have kids?
Yes.

97. Do you want kids?
Well, I wanted one badly enough to go through the adoption process so gee, I don't know. I guess that would be a yes, wouldn't it?

98. What is your favorite color?
Purple.

99. Do you miss anyone right now?
Yes.

100. Who do you wanna see right now?
BJ

No comments: