2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial now. When we lived in CA we used to go out and cut our own every year. It's too cold here for me to want to do that. Besides the artificial one doesn't shed needles like the real thing.
3. When do you put up the tree? I used to faithfully do it the weekend after Thanksgiving. Now I've gotten lazy. This year I don't have it up yet, but hopefully by this weekend.
4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime in January, usually New Year's Day unless we're hosting a brunch or open house that day. Then it comes down the weekend after New Year's.
5. Do you like eggnog? Mmm, sickeningly sweet, creamy, what's not to like?
6. Favorite gift received as a child? It's one of two. Either the Easy Bake Oven which I absolutely adored or the camping gear I received when I was really into Girl Scouts and going to camp.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, I have a couple of different ones. I have one that is specifically made for kids to play with, and N has always loved that.
8. Hardest person to buy for? W
9. Easiest person to buy for? N
10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? Gosh, I've never received a bad Christmas gift. Even if it wasn't exactly what I wanted, I still appreciated that someone made the effort to get me something.
11. Mail or email Christmas card? Well, some years I try to get Christmas cards out in the mail, but then sometimes I don't get it done even when I try (try meaning thinking every day about how I haven't done it yet and needing to do it soon). Some years there are no cards sent at all.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? This is tough because I love so many. My absolute must sees each year are Polar Express, Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story, Christmas in Connecticut (the original, not the remake), Miracle on 34th Street (again the original, not the remake), and It's a Wonderful Life. Don't ask me to pick just one favorite. These all tie for first place.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Somewhere around Thanksgiving, either the weekend before or after depending on my schedule.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I remember. It wouldn't be something I would be too likely to do.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Fudge, divinity, frosted cutout cookies
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Multi-colored most definitely, clear is boring.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Again, impossible to pick just one. I've seldom heard a Christmas song I didn't like. Some of my favorites are Dan Fogelberg's rendition of We Three Kings, Bing Crosby's White Christmas, I'll be Home for Christmas, Winter Wonderland, The Twelve Days of Christmas, Silent Night, Away in a Manger, and I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home. I can't imagine being anywhere but home on Christmas Day. If I travel it's the week between Christmas and New Year's.
19. Can you name Santa's reindeers? Yes. Want proof? Okay, Dancer, Dasher, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder, Blitzen, and Rudolph of course!
20. Do you have an Angel on top or a star? Angel.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning. If it is impossible to wait then one present from family on Christmas Eve, but the rest have to wait for Christmas morning after the presents from Santa.
22. Most annoying thing(s) about this time of year? Politically correct misguided do-gooders who get offended by those of us who say "Merry Christmas!" People who worry more about making sure they get exactly what they want rather than be grateful for whatever gift their loved ones choose for them.
And now a Christmasy musical interlude: