Monday, June 25, 2007

I'm Actually Worth More Than I Thought

Your Life Is Worth...

$432,500


How about that? I'm worth almost half a million. Not great, but not too bad. At least I'm not in the hole. Of course, one shouldn't measure one's worth strictly by monetary standards. No, I am much more valuable in intrinsic terms than any monetary figure that could be stamped on me.

Hmm, this is relatively new, this thinking of myself as a valuable human being. I like it though. It feels good. It feels better and better the more I believe it, and I do believe it now more than I ever have in my lifetime. I am worth something. Good for me!

What does it mean if I am a valuable person? Why it means that I deserve to be treated as such. I deserve to be treated with dignity and respect and love and kindness and at the very least civility. I deserve to have my needs met just as much as I help to meet others' needs.

By golly, I've come to the conclusion that

I AM A WORTHWHILE PERSON
I AM A SOMEBODY, NOT A NOBODY
I MATTER


Whew! I feel better now. . .

No comments: