Thursday, September 20, 2007

Soccer Update

Because I just can't talk about the other crap in my life right now, I'll write an update on the Great Soccer Debacle of 2007.

We met with the coach last night. It went as well as it could. The coach did take responsibility for the confusion and apologized to us. I was much happier with the situation than I had anticipated because he listened to our side, and I do feel that he gained a greater understanding of our side of things and how it impacted us. Given my mood when I went it was almost a let down because I was just itching for a fight. I behaved myself though.

And one little thing about things at home. I came so close over dinner last night to telling W to leave. I just didn't want to do it in front of N. God, I have to settle this soon. W needs to go. I need to find the strength to do that. Soon. I so badly need to do that, even if it means being by myself. I hate that I can't seem to find the inner strength to do it.

4 comments:

stinkypaw said...

Maybe you just need one more straw...

Trueself said...

Maybe. . .

D said...

TS - Good news about the soccer/football coach. However on the W front I think you hide behind that excuse a lot - not for the first time in your blog have you said I couldn't do so and so in front of N and then surely N has gone to bed and you still haven't done it. If you feel it strongly enough then it should not be a snap here and now decision anyway. Sorry for being harsh - just my two pence worth. Dx

Trueself said...

D - You know, I was just thinking that same thing as I wrote it. I tend to hide behind that excuse a lot, and I do tend to talk myself down from it so that later once N is in bed I just want the peace and quiet of not dealing with anything. Then that becomes my excuse. I've got a million excuses, and not one is worth a rat's ass.