Friday, September 28, 2007

Wow! 500!


I've seen celebrations of blog anniversaries and hitting 100 posts and 200 posts. I am sure there have also been celebrations of 500 posts. I just can't think of any right now. But here I am at 500 so let the celebration begin! Not that I'm much in the mood for a celebration these days, but who can resist a party?

How does one appropriately celebrate their 500th post? I don't know, but I think like everything else I do in life I'll just wing it. That's pretty much what I've done for the other 499 posts.

It has taken me about a year and a half to post 500 times on this blog. I've probably started and killed another 50 or so posts for various reasons, generally because either I decided the idea sucked or I'd get interrupted and by the time I got back to it things had changed and it didn't make sense anymore. Such is life in Trueself's world.

Life has taken some dramatic twists and turns since I started this blog. I've had more going on in the last year and a half than I had in the 10 years prior taken all together. I am not interesting. I do not feel that I write anything that anyone would want to read, and yet some 40 or so people stop by each day. That's not a lot but probably 20 times the number I ever thought I'd have. Although I mostly blog about my sex (or lack of sex) life and my various relationships I take detours into all sorts of things as they come up in my life.

I can't imagine what I would have done without this blog to record my thoughts. Well, yes I can. I would've had some password protected Word document to store it all. Of course, had I done that I would've gotten no feedback from anyone, and I value the feedback I get. I value all types of feedback, everything from sympathy and support to challenges and critique to even the handful (thankfully very few) of mean spirited criticisms. Ever think I wouldn't want your comment? WRONG! I love comments. I am a comment whore. Please comment. Speak your mind! I welcome all comments. Well, no, not all. I do not welcome spam comments (hence the cumbersome word verification) nor do I welcome comments from Anonymous. I find that Anonymous is generally a jerk, not always but more times than not, so I've kept him/her from posting comments as well. Hell, if you can't comment under a pseudo secret screenname, then you really are a coward the likes of which I don't care to engage in discussion. (Geez, I really ought to learn how to tell it like it is, huh?)

Do I ever intend to quit blogging? Never!! I can't even imagine quitting. I can't imagine ever running out of things to say. I also can't imagine anyone else gives a good gosh darn about it, but I've made a small network of friends through my blog so apparently I say something worth reading occasionally. Even if I lost all of my readers though I'd still keep blogging. Everybody ought to keep a diary of some sort.

Blogging -- It's the diary that talks back. (I kind of borrowed that from Freebird without her permission. Sorry FB!)

8 comments:

Serenity said...

I like that comment too, your last sentence. Blogging has definitely kept me moving forward in my personal development, made me realize i am not alone, nor as crazy as i sometimes suspect, nor as different as i sometimes wonder. It's all good.
Congratulations on your 500th post. Keep em coming. :)

Val said...

Congratulations... I need to set aside the time to churn out 500 posts, no telling what sort of masterpiece this monkey at the typewriter might produce ;-)!
I'm a comment whore, too, but I guess I'm so cheap & tawdry that no one bothers to leave a tip ;-(

Bunny said...

The diary that talks back - I like it! May have to steal that myownself.

You ARE interesting, that's why we're here. You're interesting, you're funny, and, DARN IT, people like you.

Congrats on 500!

Trueself said...

Serenity - And isn't that a nice feeling, knowing you aren't the only one? It is hugely comforting to know there are others out there just as fucked up as I am. (Not you, of course, just some of my other readers.)

Val - Ah, a fellow comment whore. Isn't sad that we don't get more readers who are willing to engage in discussion?

Bunny - Why thank you ma'am. Best compliments I've had all day. Wow, you like me. You really like me! (Doing my best Sally Field imitation.)

freebird said...

Hey! You're welcome, and I'm flattered! And I look forward to paddling alongside you for many many more posts to come. Hugs, blog friend. (((x)))

freebird said...

PS... and I count myself as a fellow fuck-up-ee!

Trueself said...

FB - Yes, let's just keep paddling.

stinkypaw said...

Congrats on the 500th post! Impressive! And to think I cought you from the start - what a year it's been! ;-)

You keep on posting and I'll keep on reading, and commenting at times!