Friday, January 11, 2008

Recuperating

Hanging out at home today with my foot propped up.

My supervisor called to find out how I was doing.

So did the head of our department.

So did BJ.

So did the bodily injury claims investigator from the insurance company of the woman who hit me.

I'm way more popular hurt than I ever was healthy. LOL

I'm sore today, but it isn't as bad as I feared it might be. Of course, I'm not even 24 hours into this so we'll see.

In the meantime I'm just relaxing in my recliner, foot propped up on three pillows, and feeling just a bit guilty that I'm being cared for by the very man I don't want here anymore.

Update:
Here's a picture of the foot. Yes, the one that was run over. I think it looks remarkably good considering.

6 comments:

stinkypaw said...

Sorry to read about your accident. Geez, some drivers I tell you!

Like you've said, "considering" your foot doesn't look bad at all. You were lucky in your bad luck!

Do take care & thnaks for putting up your paw! :-)

Anonymous said...

Just a bit of legal advice. Anytime you talk with the driver's insurance company, talk only about what you doctor has discussed with you and you are certain has be put into your medical file. Otherwise they may try to use your statements as a reason to not cover a medical expense or to reduce any other payments to you. Best wishes in your recovery.

Trueself said...

SP - I've been pleasantly surprised at how lucky I was for someone having been hit by a car. Probably the slow speed had a lot to do with the lack of severity.

SM - Having been on the regulatory side of the insurance industry in a past life I'm pretty careful what and how much I say, but thanks for the advice.

Bunny said...

I hope the foot recovers quickly! Don't feel bad about W taking care of you right now. How long have you been caring for him? Accept that you need and deserve to be cared for!!

Anonymous said...

Ouch! It looks so painful but glad that it was only your foot!

Trueself said...

Bunny - You make a very good point. I'd probably feel even more guilty if he were doing a good job of taking care of me.

C-Marie - It is somewhat painful, but I do count myself lucky that I wasn't hurt any worse.