Saturday, January 12, 2008

Archive Meme

I’ve been tagged (a while ago) by StinkyPaw with an “Archive Meme”. I figured that while I'm sitting here recuperating I might as well spend some time perusing my archives and completing the task.

What is an archive meme you may ask? It’s a great way to resurface some of the great older posts everyone has written, return to a few great places in our memories and also learn a little something about ourselves and each other that we may not know.

Here are the instructions:

1) Go back through your archives and post the links to your five favorite blog posts that you've written. But there is a catch:
a) Link 1 must be about family.
b) Link 2 must be about friends.
c) Link 3 must be about yourself, who you are... what you're all about.
d) Link 4 must be about something you love.
e) Link 5 can be about anything you choose.

2) Post your five links and then tag five other people. At least TWO of the people you tag must be newer acquaintances so that you get to know each other better.

Well, it took me a while but here’s the best I could find from the slim pickings known as my blog:

Favorite post about family: How People Can Turn Their Backs on Their Family

Favorite post about friends: Accepting Friendship Where It Comes

Favorite post about who I am: If It's Really So Bad, Why Did I Stay So Long?

Favorite post about something I love: I'm Here

Favorite post of my choice: Possibly the Only HNT in Which I Will Ever Participate

Now we come to the hardest part, to tag 5 people. Here are my 5 (if you've done this one already or you're just not into memes, no worries, it's optional, it won’t count toward your final grade):

1. BJ
2. The Silent Male
3. Serenity
4. Mr. & Mrs. M-D
5. Bunny

Don’t forget to read the archive posts and leave comments!

5 comments:

Serenity said...

Sweetie i can't do this. None of my posts have any lasting merit, i've hardly posted about my family, and otherwise i don't think i have the mental wherewithal to go back through and pick some with any depth. I feel like i am always skimming the surface on there.

Anonymous said...

Hi TS, I've loved your blog for a long time now, and when you asked for comments I thought I'd better as I have been a naughty lurker. Great selection of from your archives, and I think they did achieve the aim of letting us know you a little better. You are such a brave and honest person, even when your honesty shows your imperfections (and I am not talking about the archive post no. 5, you are one gorgeous woman!)

My heart goes out to you in your current situation. I'm seperated and it took me so so long, but now I'm very happy. I didn't have someone as sweet as BJ to go to (ok, I'll fess up I didn't have ANYONE to go to) but I'm still so glad I left the mess that was marriage no. 2. And don't get me started on marriage no. 1! *winks* Anyway, you'll make a move when it's right for you, just wanted to say you have folks all over the world cheering for you honey!

Is it right to leave such a rambling and messy comment? Ah, I'm sure I'll do better next time!

Lill

Trueself said...

Serenity - You don't give yourself enough credit, but it's fine if you don't want to do it. Like I said, it won't count towards your final grade anyway. ;-)

Lill - Always glad to meet one of my lurkers! Feel free to leave comments anytime, even the rambling and messy ones!

stinkypaw said...

Thanks for doing it, all go around and check out your selection!

Anonymous said...

Better late than never. I have posted my archive meme. Thank you for the tag, I kind of enjoyed this meme (and I don't say that often).